1 can Clearwater Propeller Clams, juice separated from meat
3 lbs. Bowtie pasta, cooked in heavily salted water as per package instructions
4 oz. Bacon cut in emince (sliced thin)
12 oz. Sweet yellow corn kernels
2 Shallots, minced fine
4 cloves Garlic, minced fine
2 Tomatoes, finely diced
2 Tbsp. Parsley, chopped
4 oz. Salt-free butter
4 oz. All purpose flour
1 bunch Green onions, finely chopped
3 cups Milk or cream
1 Tbsp. Turmeric powder (optional for a nice yellow color)
Salt and pepper to taste
• In a heavy bottom saucepan sauté bacon until medium rare.
• Remove most of the rendered bacon grease.
• Add half the butter, garlic, shallots, and half of the corn. Cook until translucent.
• Add remaining butter and flour and stir until thick.
• Add half of reserved clam juices and cook over medium heat until thickened (about 4 minutes).
• Add milk or cream, turmeric and remaining ingredients.
• Once back to a boil, add pasta and toss until warm.
• Finally, add Propeller Clams.
• Adjust to taste with salt and pepper and serve at once.
This will make a generous 12-24 portions of plated pasta or served buffet style for up to 30 people.