1 can Clearwater Propeller Clams, juice separated from meat
3 lbs. Bowtie pasta, cooked in heavily salted water as per package instructions
4 oz. Bacon cut in emince (sliced thin)
12 oz. Sweet yellow corn kernels
2 Shallots, minced fine
4 cloves Garlic, minced fine
2 Tomatoes, finely diced
2 Tbsp. Parsley, chopped
4 oz. Salt-free butter
4 oz. All purpose flour
1 bunch Green onions, finely chopped
3 cups Milk or cream
1 Tbsp. Turmeric powder (optional for a nice yellow color)
Salt and pepper to taste
• In a heavy bottom saucepan sauté bacon until medium rare.
• Remove most of the rendered bacon grease.
• Add half the butter, garlic, shallots, and half of the corn. Cook until translucent.
• Add remaining butter and flour and stir until thick.
• Add half of reserved clam juices and cook over medium heat until thickened (about 4 minutes).
• Add milk or cream, turmeric and remaining ingredients.
• Once back to a boil, add pasta and toss until warm.
• Finally, add Propeller Clams.
• Adjust to taste with salt and pepper and serve at once.
This will make a generous 12-24 portions of plated pasta or served buffet style for up to 30 people.
To serve our customers better, our website content has been customized for different customer types based on their needs and interests. Have a suggestion on how we can serve you better, please let us know.