Marine Stewardship Council Certification
Through a multi-year strategy, Clearwater has successfully secured MSC certification for core species. Included are:
- Patagonian scallops
- Canadian offshore sea scallops
- Maritime Canada inshore lobster
- Canadian coldwater shrimp
- Arctic surf clams
- Nova Scotia and Newfoundland snow crab
Buyer and consumer interest in sustainable seafood has created growing international demand for MSC-certified products. The MSC logo is evidence a fishery meets strict environmental standards and the product originates from a sustainable and well-managed fishery.
Who is MSC?
The Marine Stewardship Council (MSC) is an independent, global, non-profit organization. It works to:
- enhance responsible management of seafood resources
- ensure the sustainability of global fish stocks and the health of the marine ecosystem.
The MSC harnesses consumer power by identifying sustainable seafood products with their easily recognized eco-label.