½ cup Porcini, ground fine in coffee mill
Salt & pepper
12 FAS Scallops
½ cup Olive oil
24 large picked green celery leaves; fried crisp in corn oil (325°), drained, seasoned with salt and pepper
½ cup Truffle vinaigrette
Celery root purée
½ cup Chicken stock
2 tbsp Sherry vinegar
2 tbsp Minced shallot
2 tbsp Very fine truffle peelings
¼ cup Extra-virgin cold pressed olive oil
¼ cup Black truffle oil
1 tbsp Fine minced parsley
Salt & pepper to taste
4 cups Milk
2 tbsp Sea salt
5 cups Peeled diced celery root (large dice)
2 ½ cups Peeled diced Yukon gold potatoes
½ cup Sweet butter
salt & white pepper to taste
1. Heat nonstick 10-inch pan, add 2 tablespoons olive oil.
2. Dust both sides of sea scallops with Porcini powder and
season with salt and pepper.
3. Sear in hot pans for two minutes per side. Remove and
drain on towels.
4. Place small free form quenelle of puree in center of
plate, set scallop on top.
Spoon vinaigrette over and around plate.
Garnish with two crisp celery leaves.
1. In a small saucepan over medium heat bring the
chicken stock, sherry vinegar, minced shallot, and truffle
peelings to a simmer. Set aside.
2. Whisk in the olive oil, black truffle oil, and parsley while
mixture is still warm.
3. Season with salt and pepper.
1. Cook potatoes and celery root together in milk and
salted water (just enough to cover) until tender, about
20-25 minutes at a low simmer.
2. Drain thoroughly.
3. Puree in food processor, adding butter in small
amounts till smooth.
4. Season to taste.
5. Hold covered in a water bath to keep warm.
To serve our customers better, our website content has been customized for different customer types based on their needs and interests. Have a suggestion on how we can serve you better, please let us know.