20 Clearwater FAS Sea Scallops
1 Ginger root peeled coarsely
2 tbsp Pickled ginger minced fine
1 cup Rice wine vinegar
¼ cup White sugar
1 tbsp Honey
2 Limes zest and juice
1 Orange zest, sectioned and juice reserved
1 cup Basmati rice
100 ml Canned coconut milk
1 small sweet potato peeled and minced fine
350 ml water
25 ml Vietnamese fish sauce
2 kaffir lime leaves
½ pineapple peeled and diced small
½ red pepper
1 tomato seeded and diced
1 shallot minced
1 bunch cilantro chiffonade (shredded fine)
20 cashew nuts minced
8 baby Bok Choy
25 ml sesame oil
50 ml peanut or sunflower oil
sea salt and fresh cracked pepper
1 tbsp soy reduction
1. Wash Bok Choy and reserve.
2. Prepare ginger syrup by simmering ginger peelings and
vinegar with sugar, honey, and orange juice until it
3. Reserve in a squeeze bottle.
1. Prepare salsa by sautéing diced pine apple over high
heat in a non stick pan with sesame oil.
2. Once pineapple starts to color add shallot, ginger, diced
pepper and tomato.
3. Cook one minute and take off heat. Stir in cilantro.
4. Add fish sauce, lime juice and zest. Reserve warm.
Prepare rice by rinsing rice well and cooking with water, coconut milk, sweet potato and kaffir lime leaves. Reserve warm.
1. Season scallops and sear in oil over high heat.
2. Once turned and cooked for 30 seconds add 2 tbsp
ginger syrup and immediately remove from heat.
3. Toss to coat and place on a plate. Reserve warm.
4. Quickly toss bok Choy in a hot pan with a bit of sea salt
There will be enough water on the leaves from washing to steam.
Place a bed of rice on the 4 plates and top with 5 scallops.
Spoon some salsa around and place two Bok Choy beside. Garnish with soy reduction if desired.