4 x 1.25 lbs Clearwater Live Lobsters
5 large Potatoes, peeled and cut
4 Garlic cloves, peeled , whole
1 cup Heavy cream, 35%
1 cup Dry white wine
½ cup Water
2 Tbsp Shallots, finely minced
10 Fennel seeds
1 Bay leaf
½ cup Salt free butter
1 Tbsp Tomato paste
1 Lemons, juice and zest
¼ tsp Paprika
¼ bunch Parsley, chopped
¼ bunch Chives, chopped
pinch Cracked black pepper
pinch Sea salt
1. Bring potatoes and garlic cloves to a boil in salted water
until cooked through. Drain and mash with half of the
butter and ¼ cup of the heavy cream.
2. Bring a large (15 litres) pot of salted water to a boil and
cook Lobsters for 4 minutes, cool at once by plunging
briefly in ice water.
3. Remove meat from the shells carefully and reserve the
tails whole, but chop claw and knuckle meat. Keep
Shells for another use.
4. Mix the chopped Lobster meat into the hot potato
mixture and keep warm
5. In a heavy bottom sauce pan over low to medium heat,
add 1 Tbsp of butter and gently cook shallots, fennel
seeds and bay leaf until aromatic but not coloured.
6. Add in white wine and water, bring to a simmer and
simmer for 2 minutes to infuse all flavours.
7. Add tails to the poacher and gently poach until cooked
through. Approximately 2 minutes.
8. Remove Lobster tails and keep warm.
9. Add cream and tomato paste to sauce pan with
remaining poaching liquid and bring to a boil and
simmer until slightly reduced.
10. Add remaining tablespoon of butter and purée until
well emulsified with an immersion blender.
11. Fold chopped herbs into the potato mixture.
12. Adjust seasoning of both sauce and potatoes with sea
salt and cracked pepper.
Place a large Quenelle (an oval shaped scoop) of the Lobster mashed potatoes at 10 o’clock on the plate.
Pour sauce on the plate.
Slice and fan Lobster tail artistically over the sauce.
Serve with a side salad or with a seasonal vegetable.
To serve our customers better, our website content has been customized for different customer types based on their needs and interests. Have a suggestion on how we can serve you better, please let us know.