8 oz Clearwater Raw Lobster Claw and Knuckle meat, rinsed under cold water and diced
1 tbsp butter
2 tbsp olive oil
1/4 cup red pepper finely diced
1/4 cup celery finely diced
1 shallot minced
1/4 fennel minced
3 eggs beaten
2 cups panko crumbs
1 Tbsp lemon juice freshly squeezed
1/2 cup flour
Sea salt and pepper
1/2 pound mixed greens
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup sour cream
1 lime juice and zest
1 tbsp sweet chili sauce
1. In a heavy bottom pan sauté red pepper, celery, fennel
and shallots. Once vegetables are soft add lobster
meat and gently cook. Season with sea salt and pepper.
Transfer to a bowl and let cool.
2. Once cool, mix 1 egg, lemon juice and 1/4 cup of Panko
crumbs into lobster mixture.
3. Form lobster mixture into 4 1″ thick cakes. Place onto
baking sheet and freeze for 1/2 hour.
4. In three separate shallow containers add remaining
Panko crumbs in to one, egg beaten with 1 Tbsp water
into another and flour into the last one.
5. Starting with the flour dredge lobster cakes once
coated in flour place into egg mixture. Coat with egg
and then place into Panko crumbs. Coat and set on
new baking sheet.
6. Cook cakes on medium heat in olive oil until golden
brown on each side.
7. Serve cakes on a small plate with a handful of mixed
greens and a drizzle of sweet chili dipping sauce.
1. Mix all ingredients together and serve with lobster
Serves: 4 people as an appetizer
2 people as an entreé