100 percent natural, wild-caught.
No added chemicals or water
Ensures perfect caramelization and searing every time.
Sustainably harvested and certified by the Marine Stewardship Council.
Frozen-at-sea within an hour of catch to lock in freshness and flavor.
Convenient and easy to use only what you need.
Greater portion and cost control
Guaranteed accurate sizes with less pieces.
Food safety and quality control are ensured through internationally recognized certifications.
How do I store Clearwater Frozen-at-Sea Scallops?
Clearwater Frozen-at-Sea Scallops should be stored in your freezer until you are ready to defrost them for use.
What’s the best way to defrost Clearwater Frozen-at-Sea Scallops for optimum quality?
We recommend that you take the scallops out of the freezer 24 hours before they are needed and place them in a bag in your refrigerator. After the scallops have thawed, place them in a container lined with dry absorbent paper towel or a cloth.
How do I prepare Clearwater Frozen-at-Sea Scallops?
1) Make sure the scallops are completely thawed – partially frozen scallops will continue to defrost in the pan, creating a pool of water and making it difficult to get a proper sear.
2) Add a neutral flavoured cooking oil with a high smoke point, ideally grape seed or avocado (canola or olive oil will also work) to a skillet and place temperature on high until oil is heated.
3) Pat scallops dry with a clean kitchen or paper towel to remove any excess moisture.
4) Add scallops to the skillet one at a time, being careful not to overcrowd the cooking surface.
5) Sauté for approximately one minute (depending on size) or until golden brown. Turn scallops and cook to preferred doneness (additional 1 to 2 minutes for medium).
How long can I keep Clearwater Frozen-at-Sea Scallops in my freezer?
Please refer to the best before date on the packaging.
How fresh are Clearwater Canadian Sea Scallops?
Clearwater’s state-of-the-art, factory vessels harvest, shuck and freeze scallops within an hour of harvesting, offering ultimate freshness and quality.
I already buy fresh scallops – how can Clearwater Frozen-at-Sea Scallops be better?
You won’t find a fresher, purer scallop anywhere than Clearwater’s Frozen-at-Sea Scallops! Clearwater Sea Scallops are quick frozen within an hour of catch, preserving their delicate, sweet flavor, texture and product purity for unbeatable freshness.
Have any preservatives been added?
Absolutely not! Clearwater Sea Scallops are 100% natural, with no chemical additives or preservatives.
How many Clearwater Frozen-at-Sea Scallops can I purchase per pound?
Clearwater offers a variety options for purchasing scallops per pound: U10, 10/20, 20/30, 30/40 and 40/50. For example, a U/10 count means there are under ten scallops per pound, 10/20 means 10 to 20 scallops per pound, etc.
What part of the scallop do we eat?
Scallops are considered bivalves, similar to clams and oysters, having two shells. These two shells are held together by the adductor muscle, which is the part of the scallop we typically eat.
Why are some scallops orange and not white?
Sometimes scallop meat may take on an orange hue, instead of a typically white color, which can be caused by an excess of a natural pigment found in a female scallop. This excess pigment is transferred into the adductor muscle. The quality of the meat and taste is not affected and some people even suggest that these orange colored scallops are more desirable.