CONTEST: Clearwater Seafoods – Summer Seafood Giveaway
Clearwater Seafoods – Summer Seafood Giveaway
CONTEST IS OPEN TO CANADIAN RESIDENTS ONLY, EXCLUDING QUEBEC, AND IS GOVERNED BY CANADIAN LAW
OFFICIAL RULES AND REQUIREMENTS
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY: Contestants need not make a purchase to enter this Contest.
- ELIGIBILITY TO ENTER: Contest is open to legal residents of Canada, excluding Quebec, who have reached the legal age of majority in their province/territory of residence at the time of entry, except employees, representatives or agents (and those with whom such persons are domiciled, whether related or not) of Clearwater Seafoods Limited Partnership (Clearwater) and it’s respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, distributors, prize suppliers, advertising/promotion agencies and any other individual(s), entity or entities involved in the development, production, implementation, administration or fulfillment of the Contest (collectively, the “Contest Parties”).
- AGREEMENT TO RULES: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules and Requirements, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Clearwater as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Contest and any awards delivered.
- CONTEST PERIOD: Entries will be accepted online starting on Tuesday, July 5, 2022 12:00 pm AST and ending Sunday, July 10, 2022 11:59 pm AST.
- CONTEST REQUIREMENTS: The contestant must fulfill all Contest requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Clearwater. You may enter only once. You must provide the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Clearwater.
- HOW TO ENTER: The Contest will be advertised on both Clearwater’s Facebook page and Instagram page. Eligible contestants may enter the Contest through either Facebook or Instagram:
- Like and follow Clearwater on Facebook AND comment SEAFOOD under the post.
- Follow Clearwater on Instagram AND comment SEAFOOD under the post.
- PRIZES: The winner of the Contest as determined by Clearwater, will receive a $500 CAD Clearwater gift card. Prize will be shipped to the winner’s location of choice within Canada. The $500 value can be applied to both Clearwater products and shipping. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, provincial, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of the winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Clearwater to use winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
- WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION: On July 12, 2022 (the “Draw Date”) in Bedford, Nova Scotia at approximately 12:00 PM AST, one (1) eligible entrant will be selected by random draw from among all eligible entries submitted and received in accordance with these Rules and Requirements. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries submitted and received in accordance with these Rules and Requirements. Clearwater will make a minimum of three (3) attempts to contact the eligible winner (using the information available to Clearwater) within three (3) business days of selection as an eligible winner. If the eligible winner cannot be contacted within three (3) business days of Clearwater’s first attempted contact, or if there is a return of any notification as undeliverable and/or if any correspondence is not reported to; then he/she may, in the sole and absolute discretion of Clearwater, be disqualified (and, if disqualified, will forfeit all rights to the Prize) and Clearwater reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion and time permitting, to select an alternate eligible winner in accordance with the applicable procedures as outlined in these Rules and Requirements (in which case the foregoing provisions of this section shall apply to such newly selected eligible winner). ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER AT CLEARWATER’S SOLE DISCRETION WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CONTEST, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED WITHOUT NOTICE.
- CLEARWATER’S RIGHT TO VERIFY: All entries and requests are subject to verification at any time and for any reason. Clearwater reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to Clearwater – including, without limitation, government issued photo identification): (i) for the purposes of verifying an individual’s eligibility to participate in this Contest; (ii) for the purposes of verifying the eligibility and/or legitimacy of any entry, request and/or other information entered (or purportedly entered) for the purposes of this Contest; and/or (iii) for any other reason Clearwater deems necessary, in its sole and absolute discretion, for the purposes of administering this Contest in accordance with Clearwater’s interpretation of the letter and spirit of these Rules and Requirements. Failure to provide such proof to the complete satisfaction of Clearwater within the timeline specified by Clearwater may result in disqualification in the sole and absolute discretion of Clearwater. The sole determinant of the time for the purposes of this Contest will be the official time-keeping device(s) used by Clearwater. Proof of transmission (screenshots or captures etc.) or attempted transmission of an entry or of an attempted entry or of any communication, does not constitute proof of delivery or receipt by Clearwater.
- RIGHTS GRANTED BY YOU: By entering this Contest, You understand and agree that Clearwater shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Contest. By entering this content in the form of your comment, You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of Clearwater. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Clearwater from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which Clearwater may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
- TERMS & CONDITIONS: Clearwater reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest should any virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Clearwater’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Contest. In such case, Clearwater may select the winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Clearwater. Clearwater reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or website/social media or violates these Terms & Conditions. Clearwater has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Contest, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Contest rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any Clearwater (or affiliate) website undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, [your company name] reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: By entering this Contest, You agree to release and hold harmless Clearwater and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
- DISPUTES: THIS Contest IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF CANADA AND NOVA SCOTIA, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Contest, contestant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Nova Scotia having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall contestant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than contestant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Contest). Contestant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- SPONSOR: The Sponsor of the Contest is Clearwater: 757 Bedford Highway, Bedford, Nova Scotia, B4A 3Z7, Canada.
- NO ENDORSEMENT: This Contest is in no way endorsed, administered by, or associated with any social media platforms, including, but not limited to Facebook and/or Instagram.