240 g Patagonian Scallops (120 to 150 ct)
1 fresh lemon, juice and zest
4 leaves radicchio (fine chiffonade)
200 ml olive oil (for dressing and sautéing)
4 cloves garlic, minced fine
¼ bunch fresh flat leaf parsley
1 g sea salt
3 ml cracked white pepper
250 g tagliatelle, or fettuccine pasta
1. Bring 3 liters of water to a boil. In a heavy bottom pan
over medium heat gently sauté garlic until aromatic but
2. Remove to mixing bowl. Add lemon juice and slowly
whisk in 150 ml of the olive oil, season with salt and
pepper. Reserve for later.
3. In a heavy bottom pan over high heat, add 25 ml of
olive oil and quickly add scallops.
4. Season with sea salt and pepper. Cook for 30 seconds
and then shake pan and allow to cook for another
5. Add chiffonade of Radicchio and immediately take off
6. Shake well and remove contents to reserve warm.
7. Cook pasta as per manufacturers instructions in boiling
water and toss with Lemon Oil mixture.
Divide immediately among four plates and top with scallops and radicchio and leaves of parsley.
Add a pinch of lemon zest. Serve at once.