Great sea scallop value alternative
Remarkably similar appearance, taste and texture to sea scallops.
Sustainably harvested and certified by the Marine Stewardship Council.
Superior texture, appearance
Individually quick frozen for ultimate product texture, appearance.
Consistently caramelizes when seared.
Food safety and quality control are ensured through internationally recognized certifications.
Remove desired amount of Formed Scallop Portions from freezer and thaw in refrigerator for 24 hours. Once Formed Scallop Portions are completely thawed, pat dry with paper towel before cooking. Keep refrigerated until ready to cook. Use within 24 hours.
1. Follow thawing instructions.
2. Add 1 ½ Tbsp of canola oil to a non-stick pan over med-high heat.
3. Once oil has heated add scallops to pan.
4. Immediately turn heat down to medium and continue to cook for 1 ½ minutes.
5. Turn each scallop and cook for an additional 2 ½ to 3 minutes, until the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
6. Allow scallop to rest after cooking for 1 minute before plating and season to taste.