1. Place water in a narrow deep sauce pot and place on medium heat.
2. As soon as water starts boiling whisk in pieces of cold butter 1 at a time, until all butter is incorporated.
3. If using vanilla, add when ½ of the butter is in.
4. Season lobster and place in oven proof dish. Pour butter over and cover.
5. Place in 140oF oven and check at 15-20 minutes. If not firm and hot to the touch, re-cover and continue to cook for 5 to 10 minutes more. Ensure internal temperature of lobster meat reaches 160oF.
6. Remove and Serve.