1. Bring a large (15 litres) pot of salted water to a boil and
cook Lobsters for 4 minutes, cool at once by plunging
briefly in ice water.
2. Remove meat from the shells carefully and reserve.
Keep shells for another use.
3. In a heavy bottom sauce pan over low to medium heat,
add 2 Tbsp (60 g) of butter and gently cook shallots,
fennel seeds and bay leaf until aromatic but not colored
4. Add in white wine and water and bring to a simmer and
simmer for 2 minutes to infuse all flavors.
5. Gently poach Lobster meat until cooked through,
approximately 3 minutes.
6. Remove Lobster and keep warm.
7. Remove 2/3 of the liquid, add sherry and cool.
8. Mix cool poaching liquid with Agar and bring back to a
9. Sprinkle brunoise celery, carrots and chives into bowl.
Divide warm agar mixture over each and reserve warm.
10. Add cream and tarragon to sauce pan with remaining
poaching liquid and bring to a boil and simmer until
11. Add butter and emulsify well with an immersion
blender until aerated.
Agar should set fairly quickly.
Artistically arrange lobster meat over the center of the gelatin presentation.
Spoon tarragon foam around lobster and serve with a side of asparagus or other seasonal vegetable.